- Activity Stream
- Coming to Terms
- Who We Are Online
- Neo-tribes and Virtual Clans
- Legal and Ethical Considerations
… Geneseo’s first MOOC, a massively open online course, to explore “Identity in the Third Space.” This site is the nexus for our online community to look at what identity is in the 21st century.
Final Week! What ethical and legal issues arise from the fluidity of online identity? Visit our legal and ethical considerations section for intriguing readings and discussions.
Enrich Your Experience
Here are some things you can do, if you haven’t already, to get the most from the conversation:
- Create Twitter and Google accounts for yourself if you don’t already have them
- Fill out a profile for yourself in the MOOC community (find your name at http://mooc.geneseo.edu/community/community-members/ and click on it to access your profile)
- Check out some of the technology we will use at http://mooc.geneseo.edu/technology-help/
- Watch your email and this site for further instructions!
Once you have registered, start the MOOC here: First, Second, and Third Spaces.
Thinking of Registering?
This is how MOOCs work:
Some of the topics that ”Identity in the Third Space” will look at are:
- Coming to Terms: An Introduction to Identity
- Who we are online: Identity, Anonymity, Pseudonymity in Third Space
- Online communities: Neo-tribes, and Virtual clans
- Legal and Ethical considerations: Privacy and Representation in a globalized network
Want to join us? Have ideas or expertise to contribute?
Register at http://mooc.geneseo.edu/registration/.